AUIDF: Admissions Training Course
The Australian Universities International Directors Forum (AUIDF) Admissions Training Course has been designed to be a standard induction program for University staff who are dealing with international admissions matters and is available to admissions staff to use as an on-going reference in their day-to-day work. The AUIDF Admissions Training Course will also be of value to any staff member who is marketing of behalf of a University, or its pathway partner/s, and wishes to gain a sound knowledge of relevant admissions process, procedures and issues.
ICEF: Agent Training Course
The IATC is a practical, professional training course for agency-based student counsellors. It provides student counsellors with: An understanding of the overall international education market and the main destination countries for international students, the skills and research parameters to analyse destination countries and their education products and processes: the skills and research parameters to analyse destination countries and their education products and processes
Allianz Global Assistance: Student Welcome Services
Student Welcome Services is a program of on-line, orientation courses for international students, designed to provide you with information about living and studying in Australia.
Australian Homestay Network
The Australian Homestay Network provides a web-based management and communication system for Homestay placements throughout Australia. This system links an Australia-wide network of Education Providers and Homestay Organisations, as well as International Students and their families.
ACTB: PIER Diploma of International Education Services
The Diploma of International Education Services program has been established and offered by PIER since 2005. ACTB’s program uses PIER’s material and experience as its starting point for an innovative and challenging educational experience. The program represents an exciting new phase in professional development for the international education community, and increases the capacity to respond to diverse student needs combining on-line training, blended workshop delivery, flexible starting dates and self-paced learning.
The material, resources and content of PIER are created in collaboration with a host of individuals and organisations. While the PIER Team may seem small, we could not continuously deliver the high quality and in-depth materials we do without such support from those working in international education, both in Australia and overseas.
PIER thanks all those for their help and contribution.
Course Development Advisory Committee (CDAC)
- Chris Evason - Course Developer, International Education Services, Brisbane;
- Paula Dunstan - Course Developer, International Education Services, Brisbane;
- Denise Bush - AEI Group, Department of Education, Science and Training;
- Pamela Holland - VTE Consultant, P.A. Holland & Associates;
- Mariana Lane - International Education Export Officer, Association of Independent Schools of Queensland;
- Elaine McCauley - AEI Group, Department of Education, Science and Training;
- Cherie Rudzitis - General Manager, Business Services Industry Training Council (QLD) Inc.;
- Peter Spolc - International Student Adviser, University of Western Sydney; and
- Stephen Stuart - International Student Coordinator, Queensland University of Technology.
|Higher Education – Teaching and Student Support
- Professor Tony Adams - Pro-Vice Chancellor of Macquarie University;
- Graeme Baguley - Head of International Student Services QUT, Brisbane;
- Dr Shanton Chang - Lecturer, Department of Information Systems, University of Melbourne;
- Danielle Hartridge - Manager, International Office Victoria University;
- Sylvia Lewohl - International Accommodation Coordinator, Griffith University, Queensland;
- Tina MacDonald - previously Study Abroad Coordinator University of Canberra, ACT;
- Rob Malicki - Outgoing Exchange Officer, Macquarie University, NSW
Davina Potts - Associate Director of Macquarie Abroad, Macquarie University;
- Anna Rees - Senior International Student Adviser Macquarie University; and
- Monica Turvey - formerly head of international admissions at UQ and currently Director, International at Charles Darwin University.
- Mella Beaumont - Manager Study Group & Brisbane Campus Principal, Martin College; and
- Toni McWaide - International Student Adviser, Institute of TAFE, Tasmania.
- Debbie Hansen - Director of Studies, St Paul’s International School;
Mariana Lane - International Education Export Officer, Association of Independent Schools, Queensland; and
- Russell Welch Director - International College, John Paul International College.
|Foundation Studies / ELICOS
- Academic staff - International Education Services, Brisbane;
- Seamus Fagan - Director of the English Language and Foundation Studies at Newcastle University;
- Elizabeth Graham - Former Marketing and Events Officer, International Education Services, Brisbane;
- Susan Griffiths - Teacher, English Language and Foundation Studies Centre, Academic Division University of Newcastle; and
- Lynne Rule - Former Director of Marketing And International Relations, International Education Services, Brisbane.
- Denise Bush - formerly Department of Education Science and Training, (Australian Education International, Export and Facilitation Branch); and
- Melinda Duncan - Senior Project Officer, Queensland Education and Training International.
- ISANA: International Education Association - Executive group;
- English Australia - Sue Blundell, Executive Director, and Chair;
- IDP Education Australia - Gilbert Hennequin, Senior Program Manager;
- IDP Education Australia - Tony Pollock CEO; and
- Yuko Yanagimoto - World Square.